Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool # 10

I reviewed several Apps from the SBISD list and I found that some presented information only. The You Tube for the Goggle Earth App showed how to explore places that students might want to visit. The example I enjoyed was the visit to New York City and Central Park. I liked the icons that gave extra information on the sites surrounding the primary site that was being explored (i.e. museums, other attractions of interest). I reviewed the Hangman Apps, but could not work the apps to experience the game. However, it seems to be like the old fashioned paper and pencil hangman we are so used to doing. The Paper Toss Apps for the iPhone provided a chance to toss the paper in the trashcan and thus worked with spatial relationships and eye-hand coordination in a 3-D format. I can see these apps in classroom centers and workstations. There are numerous apps games to enhance math, spelling, even SAT vocabulary flashcards. The idea of having students manipulating the screen with the tip of their fingertips rather than working with paper and pencil activities is a great turnabout in educational practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment